Hello and a warm welcome to The Official Magnolia Inspiration Challenge (TOMIC) blog which is made especially for you Magnolia lovers by the International Magnolia Design Team!

Monday 8 August 2011

Challenge # 10 ~ Masking several stamps

Hello Magnolia lovers!
First we would like to thank you very much for all the entries into our Round Card challenge, we loved visiting  you and seeing all the wonderful round creations. 
Before giving you the new challenge, we would like to announce the random result. And the winner for Challenge # 9 is
**********
********
******
****
**
*
number : 44 Toni


Big congratulations! Please send your name and address to :  TOMICblog@gmail.com with subject "winner TOMIC #9" so Magnolia can send you a secret prize!

Now we want to welcome you to this week's new challenge which is
Masking

Before the challenge starts I will show you how to mask stamps together:
1. Here are a few things you need
2. The stamps is the most important:) I use to place them first, as I want the scene to be. As you can see I have Tilda in front, and the scenery behind her.
The two stamps I want to mask together is:
Sweetie Tilda 
Bird Background
Both from the Sweet Rainbow Collection 2011
3. Since Tilda is in front of my scene, I have to stamp her first, and then mask her. 
I use a post-it-note and water colour paper. (Use the paper you normally colour your images on).
And I will later explain why it is clever to use post-it-notes.
4. Then I stamp Sweetie Tilda on both papers, as you can see under.
5. Then I have to cut the one on the post-it-note out ("Yellow-Tilda").
 6. Cut, cut, cut.... I am done:)
7. Then I place the "Yellow-Tilda" on the "White-Tilda". And since I have used a post-it-note I have glue behind some parts of the yellow paper. 
Then you can be sure that the paper sits perfectly all the time.
8. Now it is time to stamp "The Bird Background" upon Tilda. I like to use the acrylic block with stripes, then it is easier to place the image like I want it.
9. Okay, ink the image:)
10. Place the background stamp on the masked Tilda.
11. Now it looks like this. It is alway exciting to see if the scene looks fine.
12. It looks perfect! Now I can start the colouring.
I can't wait to see your masked images this week!! 
And remember, you can mask more than two stamps also.
Please read the rules on the sidebar before submitting.
♥♥♥


We are so happy to have  Queen B joining us as this week's Guest Designer!
Here is Queen B's stunning creation.



And just take a look at what our wonderful Magnolia DT members have made for this challenge. You can find all our blogs on the sidebar and see more gorgeous Magnolia creations!

You have until Saturday evening to enter using the Inklitz tool.
The randomly chosen winner will be published next Monday along with the new challenge.
The top 5 and Guest DT will be revealed on Wednesday.

The Magnolia DT!


12 comments:

  1. hiya sweetie
    DT ladies amazing job on your masked cards
    there all so pretty, wowwwwwwww
    congrats to toni for winning
    have a great day to all
    hugs angelique

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh wow what great creations I see here this is zoooooooooo lovely

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful cards the DT team has made. Nice challenge too. I hope I also can do it this week.
    And Toni...beautiful card...congratulations to become the winner of last challenge.

    Greetings Henny.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you so much for all the lovely comments - how wonderful to win the 'round' challenge.

    (I'm sitting at my desk at work with a big grin on my face)

    Toni xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wat een prachtig mooie creatie.
    Echt Super mooi.


    Gr Leny Hempen

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's a nice challenge .. and all the DT creations are wonderful and inspiring me so much, it made me fall in love with Magnolia !!

    and so Happy for you Toni, congrats for your winning :)

    Hugs,
    Yulis

    ReplyDelete
  7. Came to you by way of Chris' blog. Your tutorial really helps. Thank you. The examples of masking are all beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a fun challenge! A good opportunity to use some of my beautiful Magnolia stamps! :-) It will be so much fun to see all the cards and which stamps everyone chooses to combine.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I,ve posted the wrong picture. Inside this card is the masking picture ( no. 27)
    You can see it on my blog, sorry :(

    Inge

    ReplyDelete
  10. No problem Inge! Thanks for letting us know:)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi! really gorgeous DT cards and fab challenge-hadn't used masking for ages...thank you.
    hugs Lou.xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gorgeous cards and inspiration from the Design Team!!! Thanks for the fun!!
    hugs, Sharon

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.