Hello and a warm welcome to The Official Magnolia Inspiration Challenge (TOMIC) blog which is made especially for you Magnolia lovers by the International Magnolia Design Team!

Monday 5 September 2011

Challenge #14 - Make your own background

Hello Magnolia lovers!

Before giving you the new challenge, we would like to announce the random result for the winner of challenge #13. And the winner is

**********
********
******
****
**
number : 32
Lisbeth

She has made two stunning timetables for her children,
what a great idea!
Just take a look:


Congrats Lisbeth, please send your name and address to : TOMICblog@gmail.com so Magnolia can send you a secret prize!

Welcome to TOMIC new challenge : 
Make your own Background

We'd like you to show us different ways of making a background . You could use stamps, paint, mist sprays, wet or dry embossing for example but I'm sure there are many other ways of making a background paper. :)

Here is a step by step of how I made the background paper for my card using Magnolia Butterflies and dots stamps, shimmer mists, distress stains, distress ink pads and pens.




I spritzed the A4 card with the glimmer mist.

I dabbed the different colours of distress stain over the card.

Add water and perfect pearls powder to a mister and spray over the card allowing it to run by lifting and tilting the card.

The ink is dried and I added some Spun Sugar distress ink here and there over everything and dried again.

Using the Magnolia Butterflies and dots stamps I stamped over the entire sheet. Turning the sheet as I stamp to keep the images angled in different directions.

I stamped using distress inks Broken China, Victorian Velvet and Chipped Sapphire (forgot to add that one to the photograph :D )

I doodled around the images with white, black, pink and blue gel pens. Over the top of everything I dabbed Picket Fence Distress stain.

Again I sprayed with the perfect pearl and water mixture and allowed it to blend which gives a nice muted tone.

Here is Tilda waiting to sit on the paper I made for my card. I hope you'll have a try at making your own paper using inks etc., it's fun!! :) but of course your background can be made in any number of ways as mentioned above. We're sure you can think of lots more! 
Chris x

Please read the rules on the sidebar before submitting.

And just take a look at what our wonderful Magnolia DT members have made for this challenge. You can find all our blogs on the sidebar and see more gorgeous Magnolia creations!




Angie Hunt

You have until Sunday evening to enter using the Inklitz tool.
The randomly chosen winner will be published next Monday along with the new challenge.
The top 5 will be revealed on Wednesday.

The Magnolia DT!

8 comments:

  1. Wow these are all beautiful, I can't wait to try this one.
    Teresa xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful work everyone.

    Lots of inky messiness for me over the next few days - me thinks LOL

    Toni xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's a real challenge I like. What a beautiful creations from the DT team. I'll see what I can make of this.


    Greetings Henny.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a Challenge.... I can't wait to try this!!
    Beautiful DT work!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi!really lovely DT creations and had great fun with this Challenge-thank you.
    hugs Lou.xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Brilliant tutorial, thank you! Great challenge and awesome inspiration from the DT xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for another great challenge, your cards are a wonderful inspiration. Hugs Teresa xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. thanks beautiful, I've made a card for your challenge, it's here : http://etvaloucrea.blogspot.com/2011/09/divers-challenges-5-cartes.html

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.