Hello Magnolia lovers!
First we would like to thank you very much for all the entries into our Round Card challenge, we loved visiting you and seeing all the wonderful round creations.
Before giving you the new challenge, we would like to announce the random result. And the winner for Challenge # 9 is
Big congratulations! Please send your name and address to : TOMICblog@gmail.com with subject "winner TOMIC #9" so Magnolia can send you a secret prize!
Now we want to welcome you to this week's new challenge which is
Before the challenge starts I will show you how to mask stamps together:
1. Here are a few things you need
2. The stamps is the most important:) I use to place them first, as I want the scene to be. As you can see I have Tilda in front, and the scenery behind her.
The two stamps I want to mask together is:
Both from the Sweet Rainbow Collection 2011
3. Since Tilda is in front of my scene, I have to stamp her first, and then mask her.
I use a post-it-note and water colour paper. (Use the paper you normally colour your images on).
And I will later explain why it is clever to use post-it-notes.
4. Then I stamp Sweetie Tilda on both papers, as you can see under.
5. Then I have to cut the one on the post-it-note out ("Yellow-Tilda").
6. Cut, cut, cut.... I am done:)
7. Then I place the "Yellow-Tilda" on the "White-Tilda". And since I have used a post-it-note I have glue behind some parts of the yellow paper.
Then you can be sure that the paper sits perfectly all the time.
8. Now it is time to stamp "The Bird Background" upon Tilda. I like to use the acrylic block with stripes, then it is easier to place the image like I want it.
9. Okay, ink the image:)
10. Place the background stamp on the masked Tilda.
11. Now it looks like this. It is alway exciting to see if the scene looks fine.
12. It looks perfect! Now I can start the colouring.
I can't wait to see your masked images this week!!
And remember, you can mask more than two stamps also.
Please read the rules on the sidebar before submitting.
We are so happy to have Queen B
joining us as this week's Guest Designer!
Here is Queen B's stunning creation.
And just take a look at what our wonderful Magnolia DT members have made for this challenge. You can find all our blogs on the sidebar and see more gorgeous Magnolia creations!
You have until Saturday evening to enter using the Inklitz tool.
The randomly chosen winner will be published next Monday along with the new challenge.
The top 5 and Guest DT will be revealed on Wednesday.
The Magnolia DT!